Sparkling Drop jewellery is crafted with care and expertise. Our designs respect traditional knowledge combined with contemporary styling. We love our jewels and to be able to share the love with you, here are some quick notes on the Do’s and Don’ts that would leave your jewellery just as new and precious as ever.
Handle with care the glittering pieces you are so attached to !
- Wearing stone jewellery requires extra care and indulgence to protect the setting as well as to safeguard the diamond or gemstone it holds.
- All gemstone jewelry should be stored separately since they have the potential to scratch softer stone and metals. Get them examined periodically for any loose settings.
- Keep your jewels for those special occasions to avoid damage from humidity, harsh sun and extreme temperatures.
- Store your jewellery in its own box or pouch to prevent from scratching, chipping and entanglement. Diamonds and Gemstones should be stored separately since they are harder stones; the chances of them scratching other metals if stored together are high.
- Abrasive work could damage your jewellery, make sure your jewellery is not in regular contact with hard surfaces, this could lead to chipping of your stones and scratching of your metal and enamel.
- Avoid wearing jewellery while gardening; washing clothes and utensils or even during exercise and shower as the sweat, grime and soap particles may become clogged in stone settings and crevices. These cleaning agents also contain harmful chemicals that dull and discolour the stones.
- Never use toothpaste to clean your gold jewellery, however your old blackened silver may benefit by bringing back its shine from toothpaste.
- Avoid bringing your precious diamonds in contact with strong chemicals like chlorine. Swimming in chlorinated waters might result in lost luster.
- Your jewellery is delicate, subjecting it to strong perfumes and lotions can harm your precious stones and metal polish. When dressing, we recommend you wear your jewellery in the end after the make-up.